Tips to Have a Safe Grilling Season this Summer
St. Louis, MO
As the days get longer and warmer, backyard chefs start dusting off their grills eager to show off their culinary skills.
The health experts at Envolve, an integrated global healthcare company, are pleased to share tips to help keep you and your family safe during all of your summer grilling events.
- Get a fresh start. Keep your grill clean and neat by removing lingering food and grill residue from previous barbeques. Look for cleaning products and tools designed specifically for barbeque grills. Always make sure your grill has cooled completely before you initiate cleaning or moving it.
- Outside is the only option. Never grill indoors or in enclosed garage space. Indoor grilling poses many dangerous risks including triggering fires and the creation of harmful gas byproducts of grilling. Without proper ventilation, dangerous fumes can accumulate causing unsafe breathing conditions for you and your family. Remember to keep your grill a safe distance away from your home, deck railings and other flammable items. Also, keep children and pets at a safe distance to prevent avoidable injuries and burns.
- Look for leaks. When using propane grills, inspect grill hoses to ensure they are fully intact and don't contain holes or leaks. If you detect a leak, shut off the gas and turn the grill off. If you are unable to control the leak, contact your local fire department.
- Stay alert and attentive. When you're cooking be sure to keep a constant watch on your grill. Never leave your grill unattended. If you smell gas while cooking, immediately step away from the grill and contact your local fire department or dial 911.
- Smother the flame. To properly smother a fire, cover your grill and close all vents to limit oxygen, which fuels the fire. Once covered, allow coals to burn out completely for at least an hour or until there are no visible lit embers. Let the ashes cool for 24 hours before you dispose of them.
For more information and other safety tips, please visit www.nfpa.org.
About Envolve, Inc.®
Envolve, Inc.® is a family of health solutions, working together to make healthcare simpler, more effective and more accessible for everyone. As an agent for change in healthcare, Envolve is committed to transforming the health of the community, one person at a time. Envolve unifies specialty pharmacy, PBM, vision, dental, 24/7 nurse advice services, diabetes management, MSO solutions, and more. For more information, please visit our website www.envolvehealth.com or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.