Kicking your day off with a breakfast that’s high in protein will help you to keep your energy level up, improve your body’s metabolism, build and repair your muscles, and make you feel fuller longer. The health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, are pleased to share five easy, healthy and delicious breakfast options that will help you dominate your day.
1. Opt for Oatmeal. Full of protein and fiber, oatmeal is a versatile choice that will keep you full until lunch. Use skim milk instead of water when you’re making it to increase the protein even more. Sprinkle fresh fruit and your favorite nuts like walnuts or pistachios on top to add some crunch and additional health benefits. Looking for a savory breakfast option? Use oatmeal for your base, add some low-fat cheese, dust with pepper or other spices, and top with cut-up veggies like tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach. You can even toss in some turkey bacon or other lean meats to up the flavor and protein. The variations are endless!
2. Enjoy Eggs. One of the most affordable sources of protein, eggs also give you the benefits of vitamins B2, B12 and D, iron and zinc. This small but powerful food may also help maintain healthy skin, improve the immune system and increase brain and liver function. Double up your protein power and top a bowl of savory oatmeal with a freshly cooked egg. Try making hard-boiled eggs the night before for a quick breakfast to grab on your way out the door. You can even make ahead a frittata to sneak some veggies into your morning meal. Just search for “egg recipes” online and you’ll be rewarded with more creative ways to enjoy this protein powerhouse.
3. Go Greek. Besides the protein payoff, low-fat plain Greek yogurt helps maintain muscle mass and revitalize your hair and skin. For additional nutrients and health benefits, create your own chia peanut butter yogurt bowl. Start with yogurt as your base and add two tablespoons of natural peanut butter. Next, add chia seeds to enjoy omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, iron and calcium. Top off with chopped blueberries and bananas for additional fiber and potassium. Just remember to choose plain or read the nutrition label to limit your intake of added sugar.
4. Try Quinoa. There are endless breakfast options at your fingertips with this healthy, versatile and protein-packed grain. People tend to think quinoa is more of a lunch and dinner type of food but start to incorporate into your morning meal and you won’t be disappointed. It’s a great source of iron, magnesium, vitamin E and fiber. Additional health benefits include a reduced risk of diabetes and improved bone health. Just like oatmeal, it’s a great base for either a sweet or savory protein-rich meal.
5. Pack on Peanut Butter. While the creamy, versatile spread might seem decadent, a single serving is protein-packed, making it a much better choice to top your whole-grain toast than butter or jelly. Just make sure to measure out your two tablespoons and check the label for added sugar to keep calories in check. For another delicious breakfast option high in fiber and protein, try peanut butter, strawberry and banana quesadillas. Spread one tablespoon of natural peanut butter evenly across two whole wheat tortillas. Place banana and strawberry slices on one tortilla and sprinkle with cinnamon. Top with the second tortilla and press gently to help stick together. In a skillet on medium heat, add the quesadilla and cook each side for three minutes or until golden brown.
About Envolve, Inc.®
Envolve, Inc.® is a family of health solutions, working together to make healthcare simpler, more effective and more accessible for everyone. As an agent for change in healthcare, Envolve is committed to transforming the health of the community, one person at a time. Envolve unifies specialty pharmacy, PBM, vision, dental, 24/7 nurse advice services, diabetes management, MSO solutions, and more. For more information, please visit our website www.envolvehealth.com or contact us at email@example.com.