In honor of National Baby Safety Month, the health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, have put together some tips for improving the safety of your littlest family members.
1. Snooze safely. Babies spend a lot of time sleeping. To help reduce the risk of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome), always make sure baby is on his or her back when asleep.
2. Have a harm-free bundle up. Make sure baby’s clothing is fire retardant and free of loose buttons and strings that could be a choking hazard. When baby is in a carrier, be aware of where you place it. Babies can wiggle and knock the seat over, so avoid countertops and other high places.
3. Feel secure in transit. When traveling in a car, the best protection for baby is to have him or her in a rear-facing child safety seat in a back seat. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that parents keep children rear facing up to at least the second birthday or up to the height or weight limit of the seat.
4. Rest easy with your bathing beauty. Always keep baby within arm's reach when bathing. Don’t leave to answer the phone or door, or for any other reason. Remember that a bath seat is a bathing aid, not a safety device. Babies can slide out of bath seats, risking the chance of drowning.
5. Prepare for peace-of-mind. Take a CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) class specifically for babies and young children. In case of an emergency, you’ll be glad you invested the time learning it.
About Envolve, Inc.®
Envolve, Inc.® is a family of health solutions, working together to make healthcare simpler, more effective and more accessible for everyone. As an agent for change in healthcare, Envolve is committed to transforming the health of the community, one person at a time. Envolve unifies specialty pharmacy, PBM, vision, dental, 24/7 nurse advice services, diabetes management, MSO solutions, and more. For more information, please visit our website www.envolvehealth.com or contact us at email@example.com.