Many people experience feelings of fatigue for one reason or another and it can be hard to break out of a slump. The good thing is that there are several ways to help feel more energized. The health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, have put together five ways to boost your energy levels and be productive throughout your day.
1. Set Priorities. One of the main reasons why individuals experience fatigue is because their minds and bodies are being overworked. Family responsibilities, pressures at work, and social obligations can be stressful and negatively impact your physical and mental health, along with increasing your feelings of tiredness. To help feel more energized, make a list of tasks and rank them in order of importance. Instead of wasting energy on what to do next, this defined set of tactics will help you focus on what needs to be accomplished.
2. Enjoy Exercise. Keep yourself moving throughout the day so you’re not sitting in one place for too long. Whether it’s going for a walk during your lunch break or going for an evening bike ride, it’s important to incorporate activity into your day. Being active prompts your body to release the stress hormones epinephrine and norepinephrine, which can help you feel more energized. Moving more also reduces your risk of developing heart disease, diabetes, and obesity.
3. Sleep Soundly. Ensuring that you’re getting the proper amount of rest each night will do wonders for your energy levels. The National Sleep Foundation recommends getting seven to nine hours of sleep every night. Plus, going to bed and getting up at the same time every day can help improve sleep quality. To maximize your sleep, prepare your mind and body prior to jumping in bed. Take a hot shower or meditate and get rid of distractions like television and your cell phone. Avoiding light in the bedroom and caffeine too close to bedtime can also help you sleep better. By not having these things within reach, you can more easily relax and get a better night’s sleep.
4. Add Meals. If your energy levels are down, try eating smaller meals more often throughout your day. By spreading out smaller portioned, more frequent eating sessions instead of three big meals you can help increase your energy levels. These mini-meals help stabilize blood sugar levels and provide nutrients to your body that aid in efficient metabolism providing higher energy. Avoiding sugary foods can also help you keep your energy levels up, especially between meals.
5. Grab Gum. Did you know chewing gum can increase your energy? Studies show that chewing a piece of bubble gum for 15 minutes stimulates muscles that makes people feel more alert and productive. Gum also increases the saliva production in your mouth helping curb your appetite. For best results, purchase strong minty flavors and stick to sugar-free gum.
About Envolve, Inc.®
Envolve, Inc.® is a family of health solutions, working together to make healthcare simpler, more effective and more accessible for everyone. As an agent for change in healthcare, Envolve is committed to transforming the health of the community, one person at a time. Envolve unifies specialty pharmacy, PBM, vision, dental, 24/7 nurse advice services, MSO solutions, and more. For more information, please visit our website www.envolvehealth.com or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.