Five Tips for Better Eating in Honor of National Nutrition Month
ST. LOUIS, MO (March 6, 2017) – We’ve all heard “you are what you eat.” And it’s true that not all meals are created equal. In honor of National Nutrition Month, the health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, are pleased to share five tips to help you improve your eating habits – and your overall wellbeing.
- Sip on H2O. Consider sugary calories wasted calories. Increase your water intake and you’ll be surprised by how much better and fuller you feel throughout the day. Set a water refill schedule to keep you on track for consuming the recommended three liters (11 cups) per day.
- Get a Fiber Fix. The average adult consumes only half of the amount of fiber required for a nutritious diet. Your fiber intake directly effects your cholesterol, blood sugar and digestive track, and contributes to fullness after meals. Whole grains, beans, fruits and nuts are easy items to incorporate into your diet to increase your fiber intake.
- Cut the Junk. It goes without saying that fast food is considered the least nutritious form of sustenance. To avoid making the junk decision, create a comprehensive shopping list in preparation for the week. Meal prep and lack of unhealthy options is a sure fire way of keeping your diet in check. Too busy to cook? Consider a home delivery meal service that preps and portions your meals for you.
- Mix It Up. Eating healthy and nutritious meals takes commitment and can seem like a lot of work. Over time, you may find yourself sick of your go-to healthy meal options. Try a new way to get nutrients in your diet such as making a smoothie of dark green leafy vegetables and lower-sugar fruits like berries. Check out the produce section for seasonal veggies and fruits you may not have tried before to switch things up. Chances are you haven’t tried all healthy options out there so broaden your horizons and enliven your taste buds!
- Be Salad Selective. Not all salads are created equal. A salad may seem undesirable as a side or main dish, but consider it simply a blank canvas. Not only are the leafy greens a good source of nutrition, but add salmon, grilled chicken, hard-boiled egg, or nuts to ramp up the flavor and protein to the nutritional value. Roasted veggies can give your salad a completely different taste, too. Or make it a fiesta salad by using low-fat cheddar, beans and salsa as toppings. The possibilities are endless!
About Envolve, Inc.®
Envolve, Inc.® is a family of health solutions, working together to make healthcare simpler, more effective and more accessible for everyone. As an agent for change in healthcare, Envolve is committed to transforming the health of the community, one person at a time. Envolve unifies specialty pharmacy, PBM, vision, dental, 24/7 nurse advice services, diabetes management, MSO solutions, and more. For more information, please visit our website www.envolvehealth.com or contact us at email@example.com.