Feeling forgetful? Don’t fret. While we all have moments where it is hard to remember things, there are steps you can take to protect your mind and strengthen your memory. Boosting your brain is similar to working out your body – the more you train, the stronger the muscle will become. The health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, are pleased to share a few simple tips to help you stay sharp and increase your memory power!
1. Challenge It. To stimulate your mind, switch up patterns in your routines, familiarize yourself with challenging topics or fuel your curiosity through exploring new activities. Just like the muscles in your body, your memory muscle - the brain – can become weak if you don’t take the necessary steps to keep it strong. Consider starting lessons to learn a new language or a musical instrument. Not only will you gain new skills, you’ll strengthen your brain power in the process!
2. Make Moves. Exercise helps to improve the body-mind connection and causes you to focus on what you are doing in that moment. Try a new activity that uses memory like a new dance or exercise where you have to remember the routine. Physical activity is a two for one deal – by working out you not only help keep your body healthy but also your mind!
3. Munch Smart. Clean eating isn’t just a buzzword. Studies have shown that healthy diets contribute to improving memory and decreasing the chance of dementia in older individuals. What you eat is fuel for your body and your brain! Fruits and veggies are full of antioxidants and nutrients that protect brain function. Omega-3 fatty acids are also beneficial to your brain. To incorporate into your diet, choose foods like salmon, tuna, walnuts, kidney and pinto beans, spinach, and broccoli.
4. Snooze Soundly. The average American reports getting less sleep than is needed to fully allow the body and brain to recharge. Getting enough shuteye not only helps with strengthening your memory but also boosts your problem-solving abilities and critical thinking skills. To reap the benefits of a good night’s rest, try to stick to a set sleeping schedule and limit your caffeine intake throughout the day. You’ll experience a higher quality of sleep that will help you feel refreshed and ready to tackle the day ahead!
5. Stay Still. Meditation can improve your concentration and focus, which can help your brain retain more information. In a state of relaxation, you’re able to think clearly and block out all of the worrisome aspects of your life running through your mind, ultimately helping your memory. Additionally, the benefits of setting a few minutes aside each day to collect your thoughts will help reduce mental haziness caused by stress.
About Envolve, Inc.®
Envolve, Inc.® is a family of health solutions, working together to make healthcare simpler, more effective and more accessible for everyone. As an agent for change in healthcare, Envolve is committed to transforming the health of the community, one person at a time. Envolve unifies specialty pharmacy, PBM, vision, dental, 24/7 nurse advice services, MSO solutions, and more. For more information, please visit our website www.envolvehealth.com or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.