Hitting the 40-year mark is often a cause for celebration. But it’s also a good time to review poor health habits you may have picked up through the course of time. The health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, are pleased to offer simple ways to turn your unhealthy habits into positive lifestyle changes that will make a big difference in your years to come.
1. Begin with Breakfast. It can seem hard to find the time to eat in the morning but rising a few minutes earlier and getting a hearty, healthy breakfast is an important first step to your day. Try to choose foods with protein and fiber to ensure your energy levels stay steady throughout the day. If you always seem to be running short on time, consider making overnight oats that you can easily grab from the fridge in the morning. There are tons of ways to make this fiber-filled dish, so do an online search and start your day strong. The healthy fuel you put in your body will help avoid issues associated with missing meals like weight gain and higher stress levels.
2. Snuff the Puff. If you don’t smoke, don’t start. If you do, this is the time to make a commitment to quit. Smoking can be one of the hardest habits to break due to its addictive nature. There are numerous treatment options available like nicotine replacement therapy, behavioral therapy, and medication that can help. Contact a healthcare professional to start your road to recovery and see what plan works best for you. Quitting decreases your risk of cancer, heart attacks, strokes, and high blood pressure.
3. Get Your Sweat On. Not everyone has the time to fit in a full exercise routine, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still be active. Add some simple activity to your day by taking a walk on your lunch break or after work. Fitting in stretches or easy yoga exercises in the morning or evening is another great way to add some physical activity. Look for affordable streaming services that offer a host of workout videos. You can try different things to find out what you like best – right in the comfort of your own home. And if you know it’s going to be a busy day, get up a few minutes early and walk around the neighborhood to get your heart pumping and feel great about the day ahead!
4. Channel Your Inner Chef. Fast food is easy and convenient but switching to healthier food choices will have an immediate impact on your health. Replace soda with water, greasy burgers with grilled chicken, and fries with a healthier alternative like an apple. Even better, start making your meals at home and get creative with leftovers for upcoming dish ideas! Cooking your own food allows you to control the calories, fat, and ingredients, so you can make sure it’s something that’s good for you and something you find tasty.
5. Snooze to Improve. Develop better nighttime habits to enjoy benefits like lower stress levels, improved creativity, and being more attentive throughout your day. To start, establish a bedtime routine like reading a book or creating a relaxation ritual like meditation. This practice can help calm your mind before heading to bed and trigger your brain that it’s time to go to sleep. Make sure to set and stick to a schedule that allows you to get the recommended 7-9 hours of shuteye each night.
About Envolve, Inc.®
Envolve, Inc.® is a family of health solutions, working together to make healthcare simpler, more effective and more accessible for everyone. As an agent for change in healthcare, Envolve is committed to transforming the health of the community, one person at a time. Envolve unifies specialty pharmacy, PBM, vision, dental, 24/7 nurse advice services, MSO solutions, and more. For more information, please visit our website www.envolvehealth.com or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.