ST. LOUIS, MO (January 2, 2017) – It’s Glaucoma Awareness Month and the health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, are pleased to join in the effort to bring attention to the month and condition. Glaucoma is a leading cause of vision loss and blindness in the United States. By being aware and making a resolution to take an active role in protecting your vision, you can lessen the risks and complications associated with glaucoma.
1. Know Your Odds. If glaucoma runs in your family, you have diabetes, or you are over the age of 60, your risk of contracting glaucoma is higher. Inform your eye care professional of your medical history so he/she can take it into account when performing your eye exam.
2. Be Comprehensive. Glaucoma has no early warning signs. A comprehensive, dilated eye examination is essential for early detection. A dilated eye exam allows your eye doctor the best and most comprehensive look at your eye – making diagnosis easier.
3. Stay Adherent. If you have been prescribed any type of eye medication it is essential that you take it as directed without missing doses. Eye maintenance is the first step in preventing eye disease and maintaining your vision.
4. Protect Your Eyes. Eye injuries and severe infections can lead to what is called secondary glaucoma. Wear sunglasses and protective eye wear when playing sports or working on projects that could bring harm to your eyes. Prevent eye infections by washing your hands regularly, cleaning and replacing contact lenses as directed, and using eye drops when in dusty and dry conditions.
5. Eat Right. Many foods have been proven to benefit eye health. Fatty fish rich in Omega-3, leafy greens, and vegetables of the orange variety are just a few that should be making regular appearances in your diet to maintain eye health.
About Envolve, Inc.®
Envolve, Inc.® is a family of health solutions, working together to make healthcare simpler, more effective and more accessible for everyone. As an agent for change in healthcare, Envolve is committed to transforming the health of the community, one person at a time. Envolve unifies medical management, utilization management, specialty pharmacy, PBM, vision, dental, behavioral health management, life and health/wellness management, empowerment and education services, telehealth services, 24/7 nurse advice services, and data, analytics and IT solutions. For more information, please visit our website www.envolvehealth.com or contact us today at email@example.com.